Proudly Brought to you by Break Diving, Inc.
It's more fun to study and grow with others! Break Diving (the site you are on now) is a worldwide not-for-profit community focused on helping our 1379 members in 107 countries and 295 world cities to dramatically improve their happiness, success, and friendships. We help you level up, get recognized for your life accomplishments, make new friends, accomplish more, feel AWESOME about yourself, and become the best version of you---and all with other members rooting you on! Apply now and see major positive changes in your life in just two weeks!
Each of the below learning paths prescribe a recommended set of tasks, books, courses, etc. to help you put together a study plan. Remember the Break Diver's Creed: No Rules. No Excuses. No Regrets. Go make it happen!
- Start creating small projects or applications by following tutorials.
- Familiarize yourself with syntax as well as major classes and packages.
- Make sure to practice with every concept you learn. The more practice you do, the easier it’ll be to recall the concept. Plus, practice makes perfect!
- Create a study plan that you can follow consistently each week. A little each week is better than trying to do a whole lot every day, and then failing and giving up.
- By the intermediate stage, you need to start understanding not just how to use classes but how they work. Looking into concepts like Object-Oriented Programming will help you better understand the language as a whole.
- Begin to design apps and projects without using tutorials. Feel free to learn to use concepts such as GUI using Nodejs as the engine or web design to make the programs more interesting.
- By this stage, you should be very familiar with if not a master of documentation.
- Start focusing on optimization and performance. The goal is not just to code something to functionality but also to code it in the most efficient way possible.
- Start working on even bigger projects. Collaborate with others if possible!