Apply to Become a Member of BreakDiving.io
We are a worldwide community of winners seeking success, happiness, and friendship.
Our worldwide members include coders, writers, linguaphiles, performers, investors, entrepreneurs, travelers, parents, and more...)
What is the Break Diving Philosophy?
Break Diving is the lost art of finding and creating opportunity.
Please watch these two videos to learn more. Those who do are more likely to be accepted. The information in these videos is integrated into the application questions. You will have to watch them to properly apply.
WARNING: Only 20% of individuals who arrive at this page actually become members of Break Diving. Why? Well, most people won't take the time to read the instructions, complete the application properly, and proudly prove they are ready to join us. You don't need to have control of your life to join--you just need to have the desire and ambition to positively change your life forever. We hope you are part of the 20%.
Good! You are still reading. This application will probably take you about between 20 and 60 minutes to complete. If that's too much time for you, then we are clearly not the community for you. Break Diving is not like any other social media site. In other words, you can't just join.
Break Divers don't just look for the easy instant solutions in life--they look for the correct and accurate solutions that have lasting life impact. That's us. And that's the type of people we want in our community.
We hope you are part of the rare 20% who will recognize how incredible our community is and recognize that spending 20 - 60 minutes to accurately prepare and submit this application could very well change your life forever. We very much hope you will become the newest proud member of our ranks.
Whoah, an application and instructions just to join a social media site? Yes! Because we are not 'just' a social media site. We are more different than you know. We don't just accept anyone. Why? We care about our members, and only want to introduce new people who are going to fit in, enjoy the experience, and make the place--well--better!
We are not trying to exclude people. Rather, we are simply ensuring that when you do join, you become a positive contributing member from day one by ensuring you understand what it is you are actually joining. Further, those who are not willing to make the effort to complete this application, and in a professional manner, are likely also the people who would not fit in anyway.
If you are still interested, the application itself is at the bottom of this page. You will not be able to complete the application without first understanding what Break Diving is, why we are different, how it works, and what is expected of you. Therefore, read and watch everything on this page, and be sure to visit breakdiving.org, breakdiving.blog, and wyseguidance.org to become familiar with the content of each of those websites.
How and Why Are We Different?
While you can read much more detail via the dropdown menus here on the BreakDiving.io navbar, in a nutshell, unlike other social media, BreakDiving.io:
- focuses first and foremost on the welfare of its users
- is based on positive psychology and cognitive behavioral therapy
- uses a “by-application-only” model to curate positivity through select recruitment of its membership
- expects its members to live by a uniquely positive and motivational philosophy, creed, and code
- has no advertising whatsoever and promises to never sell member data
- is a not-for-profit
We are a uniquely motivational community, with people from all over the world, and members who are ambitious, trying to improve their lives, friendly, supportive, and generous in their desire to help others also succeed.
We are coders, writers, linguaphiles, performers, investors, entrepreneurs, travelers, parents, and more.
Most importantly, we are all friends. With one another. Supporting one another through thick and thin. And doing all we can to pursue and get certified in hundreds of 'dives' on our journeys toward greater success, happiness, and friendship.
Who Are We Looking For?
We are looking for members who love to learn from others, and share with others too.
We are looking for members who ambitiously strive to improve their lives, even when life gets tough and difficult.
We are looking for members who eagerly want to help one another.
We are looking for members who want to, for example, practice foreign languages, improve coding skills, travel the world, improve their careers, make more money, develop greater self-esteem, and/or "simply" pursue their dreams to successful completion.
We are looking for members who do not need constant reminders to return to the community and make contributions.
We are, we hope, looking for someone like you.
What is The Break Diver's Creed?
Break Divers don't wait for opportunities to float to the surface. We dive in to the cold and icy shark-infested waters of resistance and make our own breaks. We are Break Divers... and we will find a way.
We expect our members to be living embodiments of the Break Diver's Creed:
What is The Diver's Code?
Our members also are expected to proudly represent each of the following tenets of the Diver's Code:
The Diver's Code
As a worldwide member of Break Diving, I agree that:
- I AM A BREAK DIVER: I pursue my dreams with an unmitigated passion, and choose to live by the Break Diver's Creed: No Rules. No Excuses. No Regrets. I am a Break Diver, and I will find a way.
- I AM NOT LAZY: I recognize that I am far more capable (mentally and physically) than I give myself credit for. Each week, I strive to accomplish more than the week prior, and each year, more than the year before. I will not waste my time watching hours of tv, playing hours of video games, spending wasteful hours on pointless social media, or just procrastinating. I get things done.
- I NEVER GIVE UP: I never give up until I have exhausted every avenue of pursuit, or genuinely decide I no longer want to pursue something. I never use excuses or blame others for why I don't accomplish things.
- I ALWAYS SAY THANKS: I always try to remember to say THANK YOU and show appreciation to those who have tried to help me along the way.
- I TRY NOT TO GET OFFENDED: I try not to let the opinions of others determine my future. Nor do I get bogged down with unreasonable political correctness just to try to please everyone. Nor do I get easily offended by petty issues that ultimately only serve to distract me from my dreams.
- I ALWAYS TRY TO HELP: At every level of my success, I try to help others on their drive towards their success. I always try to reach out my hand to help those who are still struggling. Every day, I strive to be the pick-me-up and smile to someone in need.
- I BRAG TASTEFULLY: I can and should be proud of my accomplishments, but Break Divers try to brag without discouraging and insulting others. In other words, I share my accomplishments only under three conditions: as a means to share the joy, as a means of inspiring others to follow in my footsteps, and as a means to encourage those who are thinking of quitting.
- I KEEP MY EGO IN CHECK: I try to never treat people differently because they have money or... don't have money. Therefore, I will strive to never let money or lack thereof change who I am. No matter how wealthy and successful I become (or how much I struggle), I will not become self-obsessed and self-important. In the end, I am still just a mortal human, and... so is everyone else.
- I ASK FOR HELP: I recognize that I am going to have sad days, and on those days, I will strive to never allow my ego to prevent me from sharing how I'm feeling or asking for help. Sharing the struggle results in well-needed pick me ups from others.
- I BROADEN MY HORIZONS: I recognize that the more I learn about other languages, cultures, and histories, through reading, education, interaction, and travel, the better I will understand the world, and the better person I can become.
- I JUST SEE WINNERS: I don't see age, race, sex, nationality, or any other 'excuse'. I just see Break Divers. Lots of them. With no limitations. All pushing forward against impossible odds in pursuit of wonderful dreams.
What are our Member Expectations?
In our online community, we expect our members to adhere to the following reasonable and community-focused expectations:
As a worldwide member of Break Diving, I agree to:
- HELP OTHERS: Join our community first and foremost because you want to help others. If you have no interest in helping others, YOU WON'T FIT IN HERE. Our community thrives on people helping one another, and we keep track of how often you choose to help others. If you're just "in it for me", trust us, you won't like it here. However, if you love inspiring others and want to help others around the world struggling with life challenges in the pursuit of their dreams, you're gonna love it here.
- BE NICE TO OTHERS: We all like our fellow members, and we love supporting one another. If you find it difficult to be nice to others, and often find yourself insulting people, belittling dreams, making fun of others, or getting into antagonistic arguments, YOU WON'T FIT IN HERE. However, if you are a genuninely nice person, with honorable motives, you're gonna love it here.
- PURSUE MY DREAMS: Although your primary mission here is to help others, if you don't actively pursue your own dreams through our dive program, you're not going to be much of an inspiration to others. In other words, if you are lazy, YOU WON'T FIT IN HERE. However, if you look forward to really kicking butt, you're going to love it here.
- PARTICIPATE IN COMMUNITY: Break Diving is all about participation and sharing. If you don't like participating in online communities and don't want to meet people in real life at live events, YOU WON'T FIT IN HERE. However, if you look forward to becoming a truly active member of our community, you're going to love it here.
- AVOID USING THIS AS A DATING SITE: We don't want members feeling accosted by strangers via random romantic private messages. If you are joining just to "meet men" or "meet women", YOU WON'T FIT IN HERE. Sure, perhaps one of your dives will be to get married, or find a significant other, but you cannot initiate conversations with people using romantic overtones. If you look forward to making genuine friends from around the world, however, and potentially having one of them develop into something greater through normal participation in our program, you're going to love it here.
- AVOID LYING OR MISREPRESENTATION: Our community thrives on the accuracy of member profiles and accomplishments. If you are the type of person who lies on profiles, likes to pretend you live in a different city or country, brag about accomplishments that never happened, or embellish stories of what happened on vacation, YOU WON'T FIT IN HERE. However, if you look forward to being forthright and honest with our members, you're going to love it here.
- EXPAND MY HORIZONS: Our members are rarely stagnant, and they understand that there is always more to learn. If you are someone who refuses to learn about other people, other careers, other cultures, other languages, and other lands, YOU WON'T FIT IN HERE. However, if you are ready to expand your horizons like never before, you're going to love it here.
What Must You Do During the First 7 days?
Upon acceptance, during those first 7 days, you must:
1. Complete your profile in the community.
2. Post your introduction and be sure to come back 24 hours later.
3. Read other member posts and reply.
4. Choose and write about your first dive in pursuit.
5. Find your first dive in which to be certified.
6. Earn 50 points total.
Those who fail to meet these initial requirements may be removed from the community and have their account and all information deleted. Those who meet these simple requirements (and remain an active member and become certified as a Level 1 member) will open up a world of possibility, friendship, comraderie, inspiration, and support. We very much hope you will join us and become... a Break Diver.