Although Break Diving as a philosophy (No Rules, No Excuses, No Regrets) was devised around 1999/2000, it wasn't until 2016 and 2017 that everything began to gel.
During Dr. Mann's 5 years of PhD studies in psychology at Capella University, he studied ad nauseum the causes and cures of depression, suicide, sadness, happiness, success, failure, rejection, regret, friendship, relationships, motivation, helplessness, inspiration and this list goes on. It all culminated with his PhD dissertation original research and analysis on how entertainers found and maintained success.
Some of the biggest revelations gleaned from these five years of intense study and research were that:
- Traditional social media is one of the biggest causes of depression, arrogance, selfishness, and loneliness in our modern world.
- Most people do not have even five people who support their dreams.
- Regardless of ones accomplishments, most people feel they are inadequate and can't shake feelings of overall failure when compared with others.
- Despite having better connection through the internet to almost everyone in their lives, most people still feel lacking in true friendship and connection, regardless of how many 'friends' or 'followers' they have online.
- Many people give up on their dreams too soon, heeding poor advice from 'friends' and 'family'.
- Too many of us give up on ourselves after being exposed to cruel, heartless, and cowardly criticism and vitriol on the internet.
- Our greatest critic is usually ourself, and until we each have a better sense of that self, most of us end up becoming our own worst enemy.
- Those who succeeded financially against incredible odds had (among other things) clearer goals, better support systems, greater positivity, magnified financial management skills, long term perspectives, and the list goes on.
The bottom line truth is that we all need more support, more true friendships, more encouragement, more mentorship, more structure, and more positivity in our lives. Break Diving provides all of this, and more, in a fun, friendly experience that will leave you feeling better about yourself, with clear tangible visible progress towards all of your life's goals.
Come see why so many others have found an amazing home here at BreakDiving.io.