Bety Taneas - Learning Mandarin From Scratch and Passing the HSK Level 2 Exam
Dive: Linguist - Chinese (Mandarin)
Description: Can read, write, speak, and understand a particular type of Chinese
Level: Level 1
Level Requirements: Can read, write, speak, and understand Chinese (Mandarin) at a basic level
Certified On: May 4, 2022
Editor’s Note: On all dive certifications, we try to edit the writing as little as possible to preserve authenticity, personality, and writing style. We typically fix spelling errors, but minimally modify grammar and sentence structure (just enough to ensure readability).
Name: Bety Taneas Break Diving Level: Level 1 Number of Certified Dives: 7 From: Indonesia In: Indonesia
1. When and Why Did You Decide to Pursue This Dive At This Level? What was your inspiration and motivation?
I want to improve my Mandarin for traveling abroad and have a good communication with Chinese people in case there is an opportunity in China.
So I decided to take HSK exam starting from level 2 to prove my Chinese language proficiency so that can be accepted by potential employers abroad in the future.
2. How Long Did It Take For You To Accomplish This Dive At This Level From The Day You Decided To Pursue It, And Why Did It Take That Long?
If I have a chance in the future, I would like to explore more about China again or even working abroad so I believe this HSK test will be useful.
3. What Was The Hardest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
I have to repeat it day by day to remember and practice it as well.
Of course, for HSK 2, I only had to learn about 100 characters, but it's still a challenge.
4. What Was The Easiest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
And also there is no grammatical case: it generally looks same for the sentences and doesn't change according to the function.
EDITOR'S NOTE: She means that there are no conjugations in Chinese, so the verbs have one single unchanging form. Cool, right?
5. What Is Your Advice For Someone Who Is Pursuing This Dive And Level?
2. Practice speaking with friends daily
3. Memorize new words everyday and then repeat them
4. Watch Chinese movies and listen to Chinese songs
6. What Are Some Of The Best Resources You Recommend to Those Pursuing This Dive At This Level, And Why Do You Recommend Them? Please Include Relevant Weblinks, If Applicable.
Chinese testing international to practice HSK test online.
And YouTube channels.
Resource 1: Break Diving - You can practice Mandarin by join the Chinese Chat event
Resource 2: Mandarin Click - Chinese Listening Practice HSK 1 - HSK 2
Resource 3: Chinese Test - Chinese testing international website
Resource 4: Hack Chinese - Hack Chinese is a learning system designed specifically for Mandarin Chinese
7. Tell Us A Story Of One Of Your Adventures While Pursuing This Dive (At This Level).
我参加 汉语水平考试 来提高我的中文, 现在还是二级。
8. What Evidence Did You Submit to Prove You Met the Requirements for This Dive and Level?
9. Will You Be Pursuing The Next Level For This Dive? If Yes, Why? If Not, Why Not?
10. What is the Break Diver's Creed?
And having made this post, and provided adequate evidence to the dive committee, Bety Taneas is now hereby certified by Break Diving, Inc. as: Linguist - Chinese (Mandarin) - Level 1. Congratulations ! Thank you for being an inspiration to others!
Certificate number: 94
The author above wrote this WYSEguidance post as one of the certification requirements to become certified by Break Diving, Inc. for a dive completed. Would you also like to find greater success, happiness, and friendship, and make genuine supportive connections with others around the world pursuing your same dreams? Come join us at Break Diving and soon your story will be the next one you read about on this site!Read More Stories on the WYSEguidance Homepage