Editor’s Note: On all dive certifications, we try to edit the writing as little as possible to preserve authenticity, personality, and writing style. We typically fix spelling errors, but minimally modify grammar and sentence structure (just enough to ensure readability).
1. When and Why Did You Decide to Pursue This Dive At This Level? What was your inspiration and motivation?
While in Maine, I started martial arts again, in a different style, but moved away once again.
Later, in NY once again after serving in Iraq with the Army, I started studying at Tiger Schulmann Karate in Manhattan (which turned into Tiger Schulmann MMA). I got up to Green Belt (again halfway), and then... my plan expired, and it was too expensive to renew, and... eventually I again moved away. This last attempt was from 2006 to about 2009, but I moved to China in 2014.
Anyway, fast forward to 2019, and the pandemic hit us. I was feeling cooped up, and finally decided in 2021 to see if there was any possible way to learn martial arts online. Low and behold, I found many such schools, and the best by far turned out to be GMAU (Global Martial Arts University). Two things really appealed to me: 1) It was online, with rigorous tests with partners via video, so I could continue the program no matter where I ended up moving to, and 2) It was incredibly affordable.
They had many programs, but I decided to sign up for the Krav Maga one initially. And I'm glad I went with GMAU. About 6 months later, I moved again. To Florida. And... what a relief---my Krav Maga school moved with me.
2. How Long Did It Take For You To Accomplish This Dive At This Level From The Day You Decided To Pursue It, And Why Did It Take That Long?
3. What Was The Hardest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
4. What Was The Easiest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
5. What Is Your Advice For Someone Who Is Pursuing This Dive And Level?
6. What Are Some Of The Best Resources You Recommend to Those Pursuing This Dive At This Level, And Why Do You Recommend Them? Please Include Relevant Weblinks, If Applicable.
Check out these resources:
Resource 1: Break Diving Martial Arts - Come talk with other Break Divers pursuing fighting styles.
Resource 2: GMAU Krav Maga - This is the very same course that I am enrolled in. Take it! It's awesome.
7. Tell Us A Story Of One Of Your Adventures While Pursuing This Dive (At This Level).
Well, let's just say after being my practice partner twice, she decided Krav Maga was not for her.
But, she has just 4 more hours of training and she could earn her Krav Maga white belt. I'm not giving up on her yet! :D
8. What Evidence Did You Submit to Prove You Met the Requirements for This Dive and Level?
9. Will You Be Pursuing The Next Level For This Dive? If Yes, Why? If Not, Why Not?
So yes, 100% pursuing the next level!
10. What is the Break Diver's Creed?
And having made this post, and provided adequate evidence to the dive committee, Monroe Mann is now hereby certified by Break Diving, Inc. as: Athlete - Fighter / Martial Arts (Krav Maga) - Level 1. Congratulations ! Thank you for being an inspiration to others!
Certificate number: 91
The author above wrote this WYSEguidance post as one of the certification requirements to become certified by Break Diving, Inc. for a dive completed. Would you also like to find greater success, happiness, and friendship, and make genuine supportive connections with others around the world pursuing your same dreams? Come join us at Break Diving and soon your story will be the next one you read about on this site!Read More Stories on the WYSEguidance Homepage