Natalie Gornicki – Becoming a Comic Book Artist
Dive: Artist - Fine Arts
Description: Is a multitalented fine artist (painting, sculpture, drawing, watercolor, graphics, architecture, etc.)
Level: Level 1
Level Requirements: Has 5 certified Fine Arts dives at Level 1
Certified On: Mar 16, 2021
Editor’s Note: On all dive certifications, we try to edit the writing as little as possible to preserve authenticity, personality, and writing style. We typically fix spelling errors, but minimally modify grammar and sentence structure (just enough to ensure readability).
Name: Natalie Gornicki Break Diving Level: Recruit Number of Certified Dives: 1 From: Germany In: Germany
1. When and Why Did You Decide to Pursue This Dive At This Level? What was your inspiration and motivation?
At the beginning of 2020, I finally decided to make this dream reality and pursue art as a full-time job.
I’m very inspired by all those great artists out there. Creating characters and worlds full of fantasy and love.
2. How Long Did It Take For You To Accomplish This Dive At This Level From The Day You Decided To Pursue It, And Why Did It Take That Long?
At the beginning of 2020, in April, I started to work through a “Curriculum for the Solo Artist”, which guides me through different tutorials that are online. So far I’m about to finish the second tutorial of this list of 21.
3. What Was The Hardest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
4. What Was The Easiest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
5. What Is Your Advice For Someone Who Is Pursuing This Dive And Level?
Learn what you’re interested in but always think about the basics. Perspective, Anatomy, etc.
Also very important, and I still struggle doing this myself: Draw every day. If you have no time, just do it for 10 minutes. Consistency is always so important!
6. What Are Some Of The Best Resources You Recommend to Those Pursuing This Dive At This Level, And Why Do You Recommend Them? Please Include Relevant Weblinks, If Applicable.
Other than that I can recommend everything from Brent Eviston, you can find him on Udemy or Skillshare
Resource 1: Break Diving - Come and learn and chat with other artists.
Resource 2: Reddit Course - Check out their incredible curriculum.
Resource 3: Brent Eviston Courses - He is awesome. Check him out.
7. Tell Us A Story Of One Of Your Adventures While Pursuing This Dive (At This Level).
It’s just something that happened to me when I was in one of my first classes that the teacher wasn’t really teaching us anything. She gave us something to paint from, that was everything she did. I got very depressed because I didn’t know how to use the paintbrush, how to mix colors, or anything. I think she said something like “Not everyone is able to be an artist” and that made things worse.
Two years later I was visiting another class, it wasn’t as strict and as expensive but the teacher was just really nice and talkative. He showed us actual basics and with those instructions, I was able to produce some paintings using acrylics for the first time. He was happy with me, I was happy with him.
Long story short: Find teachers that click with you. And don’t believe when some teachers tell you that you’re not cut out for the task. Sometimes it’s important to learn some things for yourself, but you can always find another class that might turn out to be better.
8. What Evidence Did You Submit to Prove You Met the Requirements for This Dive and Level?
- The Break Diving dive committee and fellow members have verified many of my works of art that have been posted in the Break Diving community.
- One of my Digital Paintings that I made recently in Krita
9. Will You Be Pursuing The Next Level For This Dive? If Yes, Why? If Not, Why Not?
10. What is the Break Diver's Creed?
And having made this post, and provided adequate evidence to the dive committee, Natalie Gornicki is now hereby certified by Break Diving, Inc. as: Artist - Fine Arts - Level 1. Congratulations ! Thank you for being an inspiration to others!
Certificate number: 77
The author above wrote this WYSEguidance post as one of the certification requirements to become certified by Break Diving, Inc. for a dive completed. Would you also like to find greater success, happiness, and friendship, and make genuine supportive connections with others around the world pursuing your same dreams? Come join us at Break Diving and soon your story will be the next one you read about on this site!Read More Stories on the WYSEguidance Homepage