Editor’s Note: On all dive certifications, we try to edit the writing as little as possible to preserve authenticity, personality, and writing style. We typically fix spelling errors, but minimally modify grammar and sentence structure (just enough to ensure readability).
1. When and Why Did You Decide to Pursue This Dive At This Level? What was your inspiration and motivation?
2. How Long Did It Take For You To Accomplish This Dive At This Level From The Day You Decided To Pursue It, And Why Did It Take That Long?
3. What Was The Hardest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
4. What Was The Easiest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
5. What Is Your Advice For Someone Who Is Pursuing This Dive And Level?
6. What Are Some Of The Best Resources You Recommend to Those Pursuing This Dive At This Level, And Why Do You Recommend Them? Please Include Relevant Weblinks, If Applicable.
- The Pragmatic Studio Ruby course is helpful because it guides you in building an application using Ruby. Unlike other online courses, Pragmatic Studio relates the concepts to each other, so you understand how they might be applied in real life.
App Academy is good because it has a lot of practice problems that you can do. In that sense, it’s more like a traditional programming tutorial, since it doesn’t really connect the different concepts and methods to each other.
- I also liked RubyGuides because it explained methods for different classes very well. An alternative would be the official Ruby documentation. I would recommend either for searching up methods that you intend to use.
- And of course, we have a bunch of Ruby coders in the BreakDiving.io community, and I hope you will join us!
Resource 1: Break Diving's H.A.C.K.ers Group - The site is coded in Ruby on Rails, so a lot of people there know this language well!
Resource 2: Pragmatic Studio - An excellent Ruby course.
Resource 3: App Academy - A free full-stack RoR course.
Resource 4: Ruby Guides - An in-depth resource.
7. Tell Us A Story Of One Of Your Adventures While Pursuing This Dive (At This Level).
Later when I actually started in the right section, the lessons got a lot easier. That was when I finally started learning Ruby on App Academy.
8. What Evidence Did You Submit to Prove You Met the Requirements for This Dive and Level?
- Through Pragmatic Studio, I created a game using Ruby.
- I am also on the Break Diving coding team, and they all vouch for my basic proficiency using Ruby.
9. Will You Be Pursuing The Next Level For This Dive? If Yes, Why? If Not, Why Not?
10. What is the Break Diver's Creed?
And having made this post, and provided adequate evidence to the dive committee, Selena Zhao is now hereby certified by Break Diving, Inc. as: Coder - Ruby - Level 1. Congratulations ! Thank you for being an inspiration to others!
Certificate number: 71
The author above wrote this WYSEguidance post as one of the certification requirements to become certified by Break Diving, Inc. for a dive completed. Would you also like to find greater success, happiness, and friendship, and make genuine supportive connections with others around the world pursuing your same dreams? Come join us at Break Diving and soon your story will be the next one you read about on this site!Read More Stories on the WYSEguidance Homepage