Editor’s Note: On all dive certifications, we try to edit the writing as little as possible to preserve authenticity, personality, and writing style. We typically fix spelling errors, but minimally modify grammar and sentence structure (just enough to ensure readability).
1. When and Why Did You Decide to Pursue This Dive At This Level? What was your inspiration and motivation?
2. How Long Did It Take For You To Accomplish This Dive At This Level From The Day You Decided To Pursue It, And Why Did It Take That Long?
3. What Was The Hardest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
4. What Was The Easiest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
5. What Is Your Advice For Someone Who Is Pursuing This Dive And Level?
6. What Are Some Of The Best Resources You Recommend to Those Pursuing This Dive At This Level, And Why Do You Recommend Them? Please Include Relevant Weblinks, If Applicable.
Resource 1: Break Diving - I've mentioned this before, but there are a lot of coders there who can help you.
Resource 2: Java Download at Oracle - You'll need this in order to code in Java.
7. Tell Us A Story Of One Of Your Adventures While Pursuing This Dive (At This Level).
It started out well. We quickly got the basic level structure written and ships created. However, we quickly found out that the project was getting harder and harder to manage every day. Code that used to work would break as soon as we implemented a new feature.
Soon the project started to buckle under its own weight. Progress slowed and we started arguing over responsibilities.
Unfortunately, this game is not finished. After a few weeks, we gave up on the project and moved on. If I have time, I would like to return to it someday.
Lessons learned: start with projects you can handle; make sure you have a good team structure; new code can make old code break; and don’t be scared to admit something is over your head
8. What Evidence Did You Submit to Prove You Met the Requirements for This Dive and Level?
9. Will You Be Pursuing The Next Level For This Dive? If Yes, Why? If Not, Why Not?
10. What is the Break Diver's Creed?
And having made this post, and provided adequate evidence to the dive committee, Robert Chen is now hereby certified by Break Diving, Inc. as: Coder - Java - Level 1. Congratulations ! Thank you for being an inspiration to others!
Certificate number: 7
The author above wrote this WYSEguidance post as one of the certification requirements to become certified by Break Diving, Inc. for a dive completed. Would you also like to find greater success, happiness, and friendship, and make genuine supportive connections with others around the world pursuing your same dreams? Come join us at Break Diving and soon your story will be the next one you read about on this site!Read More Stories on the WYSEguidance Homepage