Editor’s Note: On all dive certifications, we try to edit the writing as little as possible to preserve authenticity, personality, and writing style. We typically fix spelling errors, but minimally modify grammar and sentence structure (just enough to ensure readability).
1. When and Why Did You Decide to Pursue This Dive At This Level? What was your inspiration and motivation?
2. How Long Did It Take For You To Accomplish This Dive At This Level From The Day You Decided To Pursue It, And Why Did It Take That Long?
3. What Was The Hardest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
4. What Was The Easiest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
5. What Is Your Advice For Someone Who Is Pursuing This Dive And Level?
You should also be focussed on what you will be doing. I encourage you to be determined because determination is what got me here today. If English is your second language like me trust me you will face a lot of challenges along the way. Many people telling you to quit, but if you are determined you will keep going no matter the obstacle you will be facing because you will be looking ahead.
6. What Are Some Of The Best Resources You Recommend to Those Pursuing This Dive At This Level, And Why Do You Recommend Them? Please Include Relevant Weblinks, If Applicable.
I would also recommend Youtube. You can go there and look for teachers who will be teaching basic English skills.
Resource 1: www.breakdiving.io - www.breakdiving.io
Resource 2: Khan Acedemy - Very good site that helped me to up my English.
7. Tell Us A Story Of One Of Your Adventures While Pursuing This Dive (At This Level).
Even one of my teachers marvelled at my commitment on this particular dive. He started making me give speeches at assembly despite me speaking what was known as broken English at that time and all the kids below me would laugh at how I spoke English but I was too in love to care about them hence I continued.
One day my teacher and I were called to the headmaster’s office as news heard it that the headmaster was not pleased about such a student talking on assembly. But when we got to the office it was another story. He was in fact pleased that my teacher had come up with such an idea as many students had started taking their English more seriously. On prize giving day I was actually awarded with the most motivating student of the year award. In the following year I was also awarded with the most improved as I passed my final examinations as indicated in my certificate.
So I guess for me that was my adventure because English really taught me a lot. I even got a one on one talk with my headmaster, the man who got everyone on his toes not forgetting that we even shook hands. That was a great ordeal for me.
8. What Evidence Did You Submit to Prove You Met the Requirements for This Dive and Level?
I also submitted my report card to show my grades in English.
9. Will You Be Pursuing The Next Level For This Dive? If Yes, Why? If Not, Why Not?
10. What is the Break Diver's Creed?
And having made this post, and provided adequate evidence to the dive committee, Shamaine Kupeta is now hereby certified by Break Diving, Inc. as: Linguist - English - Level 1. Congratulations ! Thank you for being an inspiration to others!
Certificate number: 68
The author above wrote this WYSEguidance post as one of the certification requirements to become certified by Break Diving, Inc. for a dive completed. Would you also like to find greater success, happiness, and friendship, and make genuine supportive connections with others around the world pursuing your same dreams? Come join us at Break Diving and soon your story will be the next one you read about on this site!Read More Stories on the WYSEguidance Homepage