Robert Paul Carroll – Back On The Squash Court After Many Years!
Editor’s Note: On all dive certifications, we try to edit the writing as little as possible to preserve authenticity, personality, and writing style. We typically fix spelling errors, but minimally modify grammar and sentence structure (just enough to ensure readability).
1. When and Why Did You Decide to Pursue This Dive At This Level? What was your inspiration and motivation?
My memories were so fond. Happy people, exciting athletic competition, the sense of a thrilling test of hand-eye coordination. Now that I am a bit older and wiser, I was and am intrigued by the mental component of the sport. When I was younger I competed more emotionally and with an intermediate to advanced degree of skill in all sports I participated in, court sports included. This Dive, at the time it represented a challenge to the hand of time and I viewed it as much as a mental challenge as anything.
2. How Long Did It Take For You To Accomplish This Dive At This Level From The Day You Decided To Pursue It, And Why Did It Take That Long?
Marching it forward, it took me twenty days from the moment I cheerfully proposed to play squash with a new friend. I stayed in touch with him and met again at the same chocolateries two weeks after I first met him to confirm our court time, and so persisted in building this new relationship. We then proceeded to meet and play squash the next week.
3. What Was The Hardest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
It was thrilling to have to be ready and represent myself with this person I played with, who happens to be a fitness instructor at the club. It was also a bit of a challenge talking with my new friend with our little Emma with us, she’s a talker. She was in it for the ice cream actually, neverminded the chocolate.
4. What Was The Easiest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
5. What Is Your Advice For Someone Who Is Pursuing This Dive And Level?
Regardless of how much experience you have playing the sport, it is very fun to play. If you want to improve your game more rapidly, I advise taking lessons from a professional. I did when I was a much younger man and it paid dividends for me decades later. It’s a kind of regal sport too that requires a high level of sportsmanship and concern for your opponent, what with a small ball flying all over the place, to say nothing of swinging racquets.
6. What Are Some Of The Best Resources You Recommend to Those Pursuing This Dive At This Level, And Why Do You Recommend Them? Please Include Relevant Weblinks, If Applicable.
Resource 1: www.breakdiving.io - www.breakdiving.io
Resource 2: www.breakdiving.io - www.breakdiving.io
7. Tell Us A Story Of One Of Your Adventures While Pursuing This Dive (At This Level).
We were there to get ice cream for our girl. I struck up a conversation with this gentlemen and by the time we were all done talking, it felt like we were friends with one another and the couple that owns and operates the chocolatarie. I proposed we meet again, this new friend of mine, two weeks later and so the conversation leading up to our then progressing to the squash court was a mutually rewarding development.
Not only is this person a mental health professional, he is also a former NYC dancer and a well known Canadian Jamaican. So that was cool, just relating with another positive person, who just happened to play squash and share my heart for spreading joy to others.
8. What Evidence Did You Submit to Prove You Met the Requirements for This Dive and Level?
Me with Emma
My new equipment (and broken ball)
9. Will You Be Pursuing The Next Level For This Dive? If Yes, Why? If Not, Why Not?
10. What is the Break Diver's Creed?
And having made this post, and provided adequate evidence to the dive committee, Robert Paul Carroll is now hereby certified by Break Diving, Inc. as: Athlete - Court Sports - Level 1. Congratulations ! Thank you for being an inspiration to others!
Certificate number: 63
The author above wrote this WYSEguidance post as one of the certification requirements to become certified by Break Diving, Inc. for a dive completed. Would you also like to find greater success, happiness, and friendship, and make genuine supportive connections with others around the world pursuing your same dreams? Come join us at Break Diving and soon your story will be the next one you read about on this site!Read More Stories on the WYSEguidance Homepage