Gay Mare Capones – Discovering the Philippines Through Photography
Editor’s Note: On all dive certifications, we try to edit the writing as little as possible to preserve authenticity, personality, and writing style. We typically fix spelling errors, but minimally modify grammar and sentence structure (just enough to ensure readability).
1. When and Why Did You Decide to Pursue This Dive At This Level? What was your inspiration and motivation?
During that time, Gallery Seven was in the middle of launching the establishment. My boss who is good at photography, paintings, and art got me motivated by her artwork. Being in the cafe was the most wonderful experience I had when I was just starting my career. I learned cooking, arts, and photography (inside and outside the cafe).
Photography was not needed in my job. Instead of selfies, I thought, why not improve my photography skills like my boss who has great skills in photography?
Photography is not that hard to learn and doesn’t take a lot of years to achieve. It is a habit that needs to be improved, and the outputs are the finished products.
We took photographs of our food (the pasta and meals) to make it presentable in photos, to put it on the menu, or to post it on the Facebook page to advertise it to friends, friends of friends, and families.
I want to develop my skills in photography, and believe day by day that there is some progress on it. I am pursuing photography because it is where I can find passion in a starting point and step forward to reach my goals. It is not risky at all and it is not regretful to achieve due to the happiness it brings me. It is always time well spent. The effort I expend towards photography is a great investment I can make for myself. It is the reason why I love doing it.
2. How Long Did It Take For You To Accomplish This Dive At This Level From The Day You Decided To Pursue It, And Why Did It Take That Long?
Everything was in a rush and I set aside my photography practice every day. I can only practice photography during Sundays where I can find longer vacant hours.
3. What Was The Hardest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
4. What Was The Easiest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
5. What Is Your Advice For Someone Who Is Pursuing This Dive And Level?
Don’t rush. Don’t give up. And take time to learn.
Take time to experiment, practice, and explore your camera. As you start, listen to your mentor’s advice and tips. Search examples on the internet, research useful gear that is needed aside from your camera or cellphone. Let your motivators rate your work.
6. What Are Some Of The Best Resources You Recommend to Those Pursuing This Dive At This Level, And Why Do You Recommend Them? Please Include Relevant Weblinks, If Applicable.
Resource 1: Break Diving - Come and share your photos with us!
Resource 2: Exposure Guide - I recommend these tips because it is a useful source that helped me start my photography skills.
7. Tell Us A Story Of One Of Your Adventures While Pursuing This Dive (At This Level).
I usually practice on mountains. There is always timing. From the good scenery of nature and the beautiful creatures around.
One day, from my recovery, I took a picture over the mountains. I also succeeded in taking a shot of the greenhouses that are full of wonderful plants. I am continuing to improve my photography skills. There are a lot of views waiting for me to discover.
In the parks, taking photos with my friends and taking solo pictures with the great scenery that I see.
8. What Evidence Did You Submit to Prove You Met the Requirements for This Dive and Level?
9. Will You Be Pursuing The Next Level For This Dive? If Yes, Why? If Not, Why Not?
10. What is the Break Diver's Creed?
And having made this post, and provided adequate evidence to the dive committee, Gay Mare Capones is now hereby certified by Break Diving, Inc. as: Artist - Photographer - Level 1. Congratulations ! Thank you for being an inspiration to others!
Certificate number: 57
The author above wrote this WYSEguidance post as one of the certification requirements to become certified by Break Diving, Inc. for a dive completed. Would you also like to find greater success, happiness, and friendship, and make genuine supportive connections with others around the world pursuing your same dreams? Come join us at Break Diving and soon your story will be the next one you read about on this site!Read More Stories on the WYSEguidance Homepage