Riya Chaudhary – Getting Over My Fear of Speaking English and Winning First Place in a Debate Competition
Dive: Linguist - English
Description: Can read, write, speak, and understand English
Level: Level 1
Level Requirements: Can read, write, speak, and understand English at a basic level
Certified On: Jul 31, 2020
Editor’s Note: On all dive certifications, we try to edit the writing as little as possible to preserve authenticity, personality, and writing style. We typically fix spelling errors, but minimally modify grammar and sentence structure (just enough to ensure readability).
1. When and Why Did You Decide to Pursue This Dive At This Level? What was your inspiration and motivation?
2. How Long Did It Take For You To Accomplish This Dive At This Level From The Day You Decided To Pursue It, And Why Did It Take That Long?
It takes me so long to achieve Level 1 because at home and school, the most used language was Hindi (the language of India) and there was only one period of English in school.
3. What Was The Hardest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
4. What Was The Easiest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
5. What Is Your Advice For Someone Who Is Pursuing This Dive And Level?
- practice everyday
- try to speak English without fear of making mistakes
- practice speaking new words everyday
- listen to English songs
- watch movies and shows in English
- try to write articles in English.
6. What Are Some Of The Best Resources You Recommend to Those Pursuing This Dive At This Level, And Why Do You Recommend Them? Please Include Relevant Weblinks, If Applicable.
Also, use these resources:
Mini Oxford Dictionary – This Dictionary is a pocket dictionary from which we can learn 10 new words daily. It will help you in increasing your vocabulary.
7clouds – On Youtube, there is a Channel 7clouds where we can find songs with lyrics so that we can learn English songs easily and it will also help in improving your English.
Break Diving Community – On Break Diving there are so many free resources from where we can learn and improve our English. We communicate here in English which gives us a great platform to improve ourselves.
Resource 1: Break Diving - Come and chat with us!
Resource 2: Oxford Dictionary - Learn 10 new words per day.
Resource 3: YouTube - Watch as many English videos as you can.
7. Tell Us A Story Of One Of Your Adventures While Pursuing This Dive (At This Level).
Later on, our Principal provides me the opportunity to do live commentary on annual sports day.
Also, I got selected in the anchoring team on annual function day. This spirit of mine made me a leader and in 12th class, I was the head girl of my school.
In high school, I received 95% in English and I got the same result in Secondary school examination too which is conducted by C.B.S.E (Central Board of Secondary Education).
In 9th class, I was selected to represent my school for NCSE (National Child Science Congress).
8. What Evidence Did You Submit to Prove You Met the Requirements for This Dive and Level?
9. Will You Be Pursuing The Next Level For This Dive? If Yes, Why? If Not, Why Not?
10. What is the Break Diver's Creed?
And having made this post, and provided adequate evidence to the dive committee, Riya Chaudhary is now hereby certified by Break Diving, Inc. as: Linguist - English - Level 1. Congratulations ! Thank you for being an inspiration to others!
Certificate number: 54
The author above wrote this WYSEguidance post as one of the certification requirements to become certified by Break Diving, Inc. for a dive completed. Would you also like to find greater success, happiness, and friendship, and make genuine supportive connections with others around the world pursuing your same dreams? Come join us at Break Diving and soon your story will be the next one you read about on this site!Read More Stories on the WYSEguidance Homepage