Brighton Dube – My Journey to Becoming a React Developer
Editor’s Note: On all dive certifications, we try to edit the writing as little as possible to preserve authenticity, personality, and writing style. We typically fix spelling errors, but minimally modify grammar and sentence structure (just enough to ensure readability).
1. When and Why Did You Decide to Pursue This Dive At This Level? What was your inspiration and motivation?
2. How Long Did It Take For You To Accomplish This Dive At This Level From The Day You Decided To Pursue It, And Why Did It Take That Long?
3. What Was The Hardest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
However, prior to React Hooks, most people preferred using class-based components because functional components were not capable of handling state. What this means for a beginner, is that most tutorials found online are using class components and it made my learning difficult since the course I was taking had only taught me how to use functional components.
4. What Was The Easiest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
5. What Is Your Advice For Someone Who Is Pursuing This Dive And Level?
- If you would like to learn React basics, I say go for it. It is a fun Library to build front-end web apps with. You can easily connect it with your favorite API and have a fully functional app in no time. Components are reusable, so after a while, you can have your own library of components that you can use across multiple web apps and it will speed up your coding.
- Following along with a tutorial where one just shows you how to create a certain app can fool you into believing that you are learning the material, but when you finally need to use the skill you realize that you know very little to nothing. I believe in learning by doing, building your own apps, trying to figure things out by yourself, and using the docs if you get stuck. If you don’t understand the docs, asking on Stack Overflow will also help you.
6. What Are Some Of The Best Resources You Recommend to Those Pursuing This Dive At This Level, And Why Do You Recommend Them? Please Include Relevant Weblinks, If Applicable.
Resource 1: Break Diving - Come and make friends with other coders.
Resource 2: React Basics - This Youtube video by Free Code Camp is really useful. It’s long, but worth it. It will teach you the basics really well.
7. Tell Us A Story Of One Of Your Adventures While Pursuing This Dive (At This Level).
They didn’t require the use of React at all. I could have coded the site in simple HTML and CSS and it would have been great. However, I decided I wanted to use my React skills so I coded the whole website from scratch using React and a few other packages and it came out great. The client was happy and we are now friends!
8. What Evidence Did You Submit to Prove You Met the Requirements for This Dive and Level?
9. Will You Be Pursuing The Next Level For This Dive? If Yes, Why? If Not, Why Not?
10. What is the Break Diver's Creed?
And having made this post, and provided adequate evidence to the dive committee, Brighton Dube is now hereby certified by Break Diving, Inc. as: Coder - React - Level 1. Congratulations ! Thank you for being an inspiration to others!
Certificate number: 47
The author above wrote this WYSEguidance post as one of the certification requirements to become certified by Break Diving, Inc. for a dive completed. Would you also like to find greater success, happiness, and friendship, and make genuine supportive connections with others around the world pursuing your same dreams? Come join us at Break Diving and soon your story will be the next one you read about on this site!Read More Stories on the WYSEguidance Homepage