Editor’s Note: On all dive certifications, we try to edit the writing as little as possible to preserve authenticity, personality, and writing style. We typically fix spelling errors, but minimally modify grammar and sentence structure (just enough to ensure readability).
1. When and Why Did You Decide to Pursue This Dive At This Level? What was your inspiration and motivation?
2. How Long Did It Take For You To Accomplish This Dive At This Level From The Day You Decided To Pursue It, And Why Did It Take That Long?
I also did not have access to a steady internet connection for my learning as I was learning on my own on the web using my phone.
3. What Was The Hardest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
4. What Was The Easiest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
5. What Is Your Advice For Someone Who Is Pursuing This Dive And Level?
- Never give up. Trust me, you will get tired and sometimes frustrated but the joy that comes with running the code and seeing that it works is totally amazing and breathtaking.
- Keep practicing and learning new code each day. Verify how each bit of code is used. Set little challenges for yourself too like coding a formal letter, resume, or dropdown buttons. It is said that “A drop of rain makes an ocean”, so the little you learn each day is one more step to becoming an amazing programmer.
6. What Are Some Of The Best Resources You Recommend to Those Pursuing This Dive At This Level, And Why Do You Recommend Them? Please Include Relevant Weblinks, If Applicable.
- I recommend Sololearn because it’s an amazing platform on which to learn and meet new people. Plus, there are challenges set to test one’s knowledge. It also has a code playground where you get to code all that you have learned.
- The second would be Sitepoint because they teach using video tutorials which is very beneficial.
Resource 1: Break Diving's H.A.C.K.ers Group - Come to our awesome coding community.
Resource 2: Solo Learn - Learn the basics through Solo Learn.
Resource 3: Sitepoint - Tons of great tutorials and online books here.
7. Tell Us A Story Of One Of Your Adventures While Pursuing This Dive (At This Level).
And then… it was 3 A.M.! Boom! The creation was done, and boy, it was beautiful! I felt on top of the moon and when I posted my code in the Sololearn community and started getting likes, ooh, I felt accomplished.
Now, I am searching for more challenges and more awesome projects to code. Yeah, I know, the sky is my limit!
8. What Evidence Did You Submit to Prove You Met the Requirements for This Dive and Level?
9. Will You Be Pursuing The Next Level For This Dive? If Yes, Why? If Not, Why Not?
10. What is the Break Diver's Creed?
And having made this post, and provided adequate evidence to the dive committee, Chioma Abonyi is now hereby certified by Break Diving, Inc. as: Coder - HTML/CSS - Level 1. Congratulations ! Thank you for being an inspiration to others!
Certificate number: 38
The author above wrote this WYSEguidance post as one of the certification requirements to become certified by Break Diving, Inc. for a dive completed. Would you also like to find greater success, happiness, and friendship, and make genuine supportive connections with others around the world pursuing your same dreams? Come join us at Break Diving and soon your story will be the next one you read about on this site!Read More Stories on the WYSEguidance Homepage