Laith “Leo” Al Saifi – Learning English to Improve My Life
Editor’s Note: On all dive certifications, we try to edit the writing as little as possible to preserve authenticity, personality, and writing style. We typically fix spelling errors, but minimally modify grammar and sentence structure (just enough to ensure readability).
1. When and Why Did You Decide to Pursue This Dive At This Level? What was your inspiration and motivation?
2. How Long Did It Take For You To Accomplish This Dive At This Level From The Day You Decided To Pursue It, And Why Did It Take That Long?
3. What Was The Hardest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
4. What Was The Easiest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
5. What Is Your Advice For Someone Who Is Pursuing This Dive And Level?
6. What Are Some Of The Best Resources You Recommend to Those Pursuing This Dive At This Level, And Why Do You Recommend Them? Please Include Relevant Weblinks, If Applicable.
- Google Translate. https://translate.google.com. You should rely on Google translation to help you with the pronunciation and the spelling. Google translation will help you to see the similar words that have the same meaning and the opposite meaning [Editor’s Note: synonyms and antonyms]. This will help you to memorize words more easily and to see the differences between them.
- Duolingo. https://duolingo.com. Also you should use Duolingo. It is so amazing, so helpful, and it also encourage you to continue the hard work to improve your language. This app will help you with everything that you need. As long as you level up, this will give an advantage to you, as you learn new skills and new words.
Resource 1: Break Diving - Come join this awesome place to practice your English.
Resource 2: Google Translate - An excellent tool.
Resource 3: Duo Lingo - A great tool to help you get started improving your language skills.
7. Tell Us A Story Of One Of Your Adventures While Pursuing This Dive (At This Level).
The funny part was when one day I told my friend that I was into Agatha Christie’s books, so she gave me one from her collection and for sure it was in English. My face turned red. I couldn’t tell her that I was bad at English, so I just took the book from her and went home.
When I arrived at my room, I just stared at the book for a long time. I felt so curious about what the story plot would be about and I was so craving to read this book! So… I started to read it. I was using google translation to help me to understand the words on every page. It was working! It was insanely amazing, so I kept doing it the whole month. That was so useful for me.
The truth? I didn’t understand what the story was about exactly, but on the other hand, I learned a lot of new words, grammatical stuff, and it was really fun.
And for sure, after my friend found out about what I was doing, she just fell apart from laughing at me. I was so embarrassed. But… look how far I have now come!
8. What Evidence Did You Submit to Prove You Met the Requirements for This Dive and Level?
LGBT IN JORDAN
(Not edited by Break Diving staff)
Here in Jordan, LGBT people doesn’t have any rights but on the other hand laws here don’t criminalize it, since 1951. But don’t feel relieved about that all the people here believe that this is a big sin because of their religion their cultures and their traditions. Straight people could do ‘SCARY’ things to homosexual people like throw them from a building burned them alive or even shoot them to death. There is no law to protect us either. So even if you run toward a police station and do a report about that, they will shut you down. Your family will kick you out of their house, and if anyone at your university or your school does know about that they will beat you, insult you and even called you a faggot, a psychologically ill person, they will call you girly and treat you like you are no man anymore. Then this will be the end of everything for you.
9. Will You Be Pursuing The Next Level For This Dive? If Yes, Why? If Not, Why Not?
10. What is the Break Diver's Creed?
And having made this post, and provided adequate evidence to the dive committee, Laith Al Saifi is now hereby certified by Break Diving, Inc. as: Linguist - English - Level 1. Congratulations ! Thank you for being an inspiration to others!
Certificate number: 35
The author above wrote this WYSEguidance post as one of the certification requirements to become certified by Break Diving, Inc. for a dive completed. Would you also like to find greater success, happiness, and friendship, and make genuine supportive connections with others around the world pursuing your same dreams? Come join us at Break Diving and soon your story will be the next one you read about on this site!Read More Stories on the WYSEguidance Homepage