Hope Wilburn – How French Became My First Love
Dive: Linguist - French
Description: Can read, write, speak, and understand French
Level: Level 1
Level Requirements: Can read, write, speak, and understand French at a basic level
Certified On: Apr 24, 2020
Editor’s Note: On all dive certifications, we try to edit the writing as little as possible to preserve authenticity, personality, and writing style. We typically fix spelling errors, but minimally modify grammar and sentence structure (just enough to ensure readability).
Name: Hope Wilburn Break Diving Level: Recruit Number of Certified Dives: 1 From: United States In: United States
1. When and Why Did You Decide to Pursue This Dive At This Level? What was your inspiration and motivation?
2. How Long Did It Take For You To Accomplish This Dive At This Level From The Day You Decided To Pursue It, And Why Did It Take That Long?
3. What Was The Hardest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
4. What Was The Easiest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
5. What Is Your Advice For Someone Who Is Pursuing This Dive And Level?
6. What Are Some Of The Best Resources You Recommend to Those Pursuing This Dive At This Level, And Why Do You Recommend Them? Please Include Relevant Weblinks, If Applicable.
TV5 Monde (https://www.tv5monde.com) – It is a wonderful site for all levels that offers interactive video/audio clips with questions, articles and videos on culture, politics, and even a channel focused on the french speaking realm in Africa too!
Youtube (https://www.youtube.com) – Offers many helpful channels and a few that I really like are “FrançaisAvecPierre” and “InnerFrench”. If you are studying specifically for a proficiency test such as TCF or the DELF, YouTube also offers a wealth of sample tests and information.
Resource 1: Break Diving's French Fluency Project - Come and practice with us!
Resource 2: www.breakdiving.io - It is a wonderful site for all levels that offers interactive video/audio clips with questions.
Resource 3: French on YouTube - Check out FrancaisAvecPierre and InnerFrench
7. Tell Us A Story Of One Of Your Adventures While Pursuing This Dive (At This Level).
Comment Stéréotypes Sont Formées?
En écoutant un podcast, la question suivante a été posée: Comment stéréotypes sont formées?
Je pense que les humains forment des communautés en partageant leur mots et leur idées. Tout le monde a des opinions différentes ainsi que différentes façons de les exprimer. Quand suffisamment de gens partagent la même idée général, cela devient plus d’un ‘fait sociaux’.
Un fait sociaux, c’est juste une pensée qui devient intériorisée et rendue comme la vérité parmi plusieurs de gens. Ça, je croit, c’est le processus de formation et de propagation d’un stéréotype. Quelque chose qu’on pourrait faire pour arrêter cela est de remettre en question toutes les hypothèses dont on entende parler.
Tout le monde mérite de se sentir vraiment compris 🙂
8. What Evidence Did You Submit to Prove You Met the Requirements for This Dive and Level?
- The Break Diving dive committee verified my written (reading and writing) French language abilities via live text chat in the Break Diving Fluency Project FP-French chatroom for the current level.
- The Break Diving dive committee verified my spoken (speaking and listening) French language abilities via live video chat in the Break Diving Fluency Project live video classroom for the current level.
9. Will You Be Pursuing The Next Level For This Dive? If Yes, Why? If Not, Why Not?
10. What is the Break Diver's Creed?
And having made this post, and provided adequate evidence to the dive committee, Hope Wilburn is now hereby certified by Break Diving, Inc. as: Linguist - French - Level 1. Congratulations ! Thank you for being an inspiration to others!
Certificate number: 34
The author above wrote this WYSEguidance post as one of the certification requirements to become certified by Break Diving, Inc. for a dive completed. Would you also like to find greater success, happiness, and friendship, and make genuine supportive connections with others around the world pursuing your same dreams? Come join us at Break Diving and soon your story will be the next one you read about on this site!Read More Stories on the WYSEguidance Homepage