Editor’s Note: On all dive certifications, we try to edit the writing as little as possible to preserve authenticity, personality, and writing style. We typically fix spelling errors, but minimally modify grammar and sentence structure (just enough to ensure readability).
1. When and Why Did You Decide to Pursue This Dive At This Level? What was your inspiration and motivation?
2. How Long Did It Take For You To Accomplish This Dive At This Level From The Day You Decided To Pursue It, And Why Did It Take That Long?
3. What Was The Hardest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
4. What Was The Easiest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
5. What Is Your Advice For Someone Who Is Pursuing This Dive And Level?
6. What Are Some Of The Best Resources You Recommend to Those Pursuing This Dive At This Level, And Why Do You Recommend Them? Please Include Relevant Weblinks, If Applicable.
Another great resource is YouTube! You can search for places other travelers have been to and find unique experiences to try. YouTubers often give you tips about the places they visit, so travel vlogs are well worth the watch!
Resource 1: Break Diving - We are a great community of travelers!
Resource 2: Google Flights - Let Google find you the best deals on airfare and hotels.
Resource 3: YouTube - You can find many travel videos on YouTube.
7. Tell Us A Story Of One Of Your Adventures While Pursuing This Dive (At This Level).
This continued after the regionals as well. The first part of summer had us fundraising in the morning and early afternoons and at the pool practicing in the evenings. We were the ONLY middle school team to compete at the international competition. Our competitors were high school and university students!
And… we surprised every person we met at the competition. During the judging for our technical presentation, one of the judges told us “Are you sure you aren’t first-year MIT students?” It was an amazing feeling.
Sure, we had some issues with the missions, especially because the environment we were competing in was a lot more challenging than the one we were competing in before. But we received an award for best electrical diagram explanation, our technical report received fifth place, and we received an award for innovation!
What was our innovation? We used velcro underwater!
The next year, guess what happened? Many of the mission props also used velcro! Inspired by us!
This memory is still one that I am very proud of. I will remember it my entire life! This experience is why I believe that anything is possible. A team of middle school students built an ROV, raised the money to go to the competition, and proved to the world that age is just a number!
If life presents you an opportunity, take it. You don’t know what wild adventure it will lead to!
8. What Evidence Did You Submit to Prove You Met the Requirements for This Dive and Level?
And here is the proof that I won the competition! https://kohalacenter.org/pdf/june2007leaflet.pdf
9. Will You Be Pursuing The Next Level For This Dive? If Yes, Why? If Not, Why Not?
10. What is the Break Diver's Creed?
And having made this post, and provided adequate evidence to the dive committee, Ileana Argyris is now hereby certified by Break Diving, Inc. as: Adventurer - Traveler (World) - Level 1. Congratulations ! Thank you for being an inspiration to others!
Certificate number: 26
The author above wrote this WYSEguidance post as one of the certification requirements to become certified by Break Diving, Inc. for a dive completed. Would you also like to find greater success, happiness, and friendship, and make genuine supportive connections with others around the world pursuing your same dreams? Come join us at Break Diving and soon your story will be the next one you read about on this site!Read More Stories on the WYSEguidance Homepage