Amos Adeyemo – Starting My Business in Nigeria
Editor’s Note: On all dive certifications, we try to edit the writing as little as possible to preserve authenticity, personality, and writing style. We typically fix spelling errors, but minimally modify grammar and sentence structure (just enough to ensure readability).
1. When and Why Did You Decide to Pursue This Dive At This Level? What was your inspiration and motivation?
I was a founding member of He Is In Me, a not for Profit, non governmental Organization. There, I learnt how to develop ideas into innovations. With the help of other colleagues, I was able to set up a micro network program to raise fund for the organization and also help the participants financially. In recent years, I had joined few Multilevel Marketing Programs like: Income Travellers, Tianshi, 5 Dollar biz, e.t.c. I have engaged in quite a number of bids to win contracts and promote some Professionals through employment creation.
I intend to use all I have learned to date to make this new concept a success.
2. How Long Did It Take For You To Accomplish This Dive At This Level From The Day You Decided To Pursue It, And Why Did It Take That Long?
3. What Was The Hardest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
4. What Was The Easiest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
5. What Is Your Advice For Someone Who Is Pursuing This Dive And Level?
6. What Are Some Of The Best Resources You Recommend to Those Pursuing This Dive At This Level, And Why Do You Recommend Them? Please Include Relevant Weblinks, If Applicable.
Resource 1: Break Diving - There are many fellow entrepreneurs in this incredible community.
Resource 2: Entrepreneur Magazine - You can read lots of great articles about entrepreneurship on this website.
7. Tell Us A Story Of One Of Your Adventures While Pursuing This Dive (At This Level).
I then consulted some people for suggestions on how a business plan should look like to give an idea of what to include in my plan. While I received different templates from a few friends, others directed me to search for a few prototypes online. Searching through all the available samples, I wasn’t sure they would meet my needs accurately so I enumerated the resources at my disposal, and went through them all without delay, taking bits and pieces from them all. At the same time (since I hope that the business becomes a global affair in the future), I started introducing the business by word of mouth to gauge the concept’s acceptability. Since the idea was loved by almost everyone, I registered the name “Modern Barter Concept” with the Corporate Affairs Commission, in line with the Nigerian Companies and Allied Matters Act 1990, pursuant to Section 659. Afterwards, the VAT and TIN registrations were done. The next thing was to create awareness on social media, so I launched the barter4us page on Facebook.
In the next few years, we plan to create a website and a mobile app, and practice direct and indirect exchange of products and services. Everything we are doing is being engineered to move us in this direction, but at present, we engage in health and project management services, contract bids, phone and automobile sales and agricultural activities. We want to constantly grow into the stature of our dreams. Feel free to connect with me on Break Diving.
8. What Evidence Did You Submit to Prove You Met the Requirements for This Dive and Level?
9. Will You Be Pursuing The Next Level For This Dive? If Yes, Why? If Not, Why Not?
10. What is the Break Diver's Creed?
And having made this post, and provided adequate evidence to the dive committee, Amos Adeyemo is now hereby certified by Break Diving, Inc. as: Businessman - Entrepreneur (Startup) - Level 1. Congratulations ! Thank you for being an inspiration to others!
Certificate number: 19
The author above wrote this WYSEguidance post as one of the certification requirements to become certified by Break Diving, Inc. for a dive completed. Would you also like to find greater success, happiness, and friendship, and make genuine supportive connections with others around the world pursuing your same dreams? Come join us at Break Diving and soon your story will be the next one you read about on this site!Read More Stories on the WYSEguidance Homepage