Improving My English Communication Skills For Professional Purposes.
Editor’s Note: On all dive certifications, we try to edit the writing as little as possible to preserve authenticity, personality, and writing style. We typically fix spelling errors, but minimally modify grammar and sentence structure (just enough to ensure readability).
1. When and Why Did You Decide to Pursue This Dive At This Level? What was your inspiration and motivation?
2. How Long Did It Take For You To Accomplish This Dive At This Level From The Day You Decided To Pursue It, And Why Did It Take That Long?
3. What Was The Hardest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
4. What Was The Easiest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
5. What Is Your Advice For Someone Who Is Pursuing This Dive And Level?
6. What Are Some Of The Best Resources You Recommend to Those Pursuing This Dive At This Level, And Why Do You Recommend Them? Please Include Relevant Weblinks, If Applicable.
Resource 1: BBC Learning English - It provides free resources and activities for learning English
Resource 2: Professional English - Professional English to level up your business
Resource 3: Break Diving - A tight-knit, not-for-profit, personal growth community.
7. Tell Us A Story Of One Of Your Adventures While Pursuing This Dive (At This Level).
I had to do it in English as some of them were expatriates.
At first, I was so nervous and worry that I couldn’t do it due to my limited English until I started to think positively about doing it. Moreover, it’s a must and will impact my job performance so I tried to be optimistic and started step by step.
Firstly, I prepared my materials with a short summary of what I wanted to explain and discuss. Then I established a relevant topic related to my Job attachment and respective department.
Secondly, I asked my mentor’s help to check my grammar and formal sentence in delivering a presentation to make it better. Thirdly, I practiced the presentation frequently alone in front of the mirror before the day.
To pronounce it correctly, I had to imitate google translate word by word. I also had to be well-prepared for some questions that they might ask. In this, I had to master my topic well.
Finally, I delivered a presentation successfully in front of the Top Management and co-workers. There were 3 people who will be pointed to as good speakers on the topic and I was one of them.
8. What Evidence Did You Submit to Prove You Met the Requirements for This Dive and Level?
9. Will You Be Pursuing The Next Level For This Dive? If Yes, Why? If Not, Why Not?
10. What is the Break Diver's Creed?
And having made this post, and provided adequate evidence to the dive committee, Bety Taneas is now hereby certified by Break Diving, Inc. as: Linguist - English - Level 2. Congratulations ! Thank you for being an inspiration to others!
Certificate number: 140
The author above wrote this WYSEguidance post as one of the certification requirements to become certified by Break Diving, Inc. for a dive completed. Would you also like to find greater success, happiness, and friendship, and make genuine supportive connections with others around the world pursuing your same dreams? Come join us at Break Diving and soon your story will be the next one you read about on this site!Read More Stories on the WYSEguidance Homepage