How I Decided to Take my Career as an Accountant to the Next Level.
Editor’s Note: On all dive certifications, we try to edit the writing as little as possible to preserve authenticity, personality, and writing style. We typically fix spelling errors, but minimally modify grammar and sentence structure (just enough to ensure readability).
1. When and Why Did You Decide to Pursue This Dive At This Level? What was your inspiration and motivation?
2. How Long Did It Take For You To Accomplish This Dive At This Level From The Day You Decided To Pursue It, And Why Did It Take That Long?
3. What Was The Hardest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
4. What Was The Easiest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
5. What Is Your Advice For Someone Who Is Pursuing This Dive And Level?
6. What Are Some Of The Best Resources You Recommend to Those Pursuing This Dive At This Level, And Why Do You Recommend Them? Please Include Relevant Weblinks, If Applicable.
Resource 1: Accounting Stuff - Learn accounting basic for free
Resource 2: Accounting Coach - Free Website for learning Accounting
Resource 3: Break Diving - Share knowledge and skills with break divers
7. Tell Us A Story Of One Of Your Adventures While Pursuing This Dive (At This Level).
I bought a local newspaper and checked daily for the job vacancy for that position only. I also have applied for a job through jobstreet.com. I sent my application letter all at once to several companies and waiting for the job interview calls.
At first, most of them didn’t respond to me, no job interviews at all but I didn’t give up. I understand that there are a lot of candidates to compete with and maybe some of them are more experienced than me.
The first step is to get a chance for a job interview, then I realized that a good resume is important to convince them that I am capable of the applied position.
I started to review my resume letter and changed it to a different format, to make it better than the previous one. Then I keep applying to other job vacancies optimistically.
I got called for job interviews yet some of the companies didn’t process me to the next step as I failed the given technical test. I knew my weakness from there, so perhaps I would do better next time.
At home, I learned about the given technical test and practice alone more by google searching. I knew that it would be useful for the next job interviews with different companies.
I didn’t lose hope to keep applying and always be enthusiastic.
After 6 months of keep applying for the job, I’ve been interviewed by one of the companies and passed all the given tests by being well-prepared and learning from my mistakes.
Finally, I got a job with the position that I want plus better benefits than the previous one.
8. What Evidence Did You Submit to Prove You Met the Requirements for This Dive and Level?
9. Will You Be Pursuing The Next Level For This Dive? If Yes, Why? If Not, Why Not?
10. What is the Break Diver's Creed?
And having made this post, and provided adequate evidence to the dive committee, Bety Taneas is now hereby certified by Break Diving, Inc. as: Professional - Accountant - Level 2. Congratulations ! Thank you for being an inspiration to others!
Certificate number: 139
The author above wrote this WYSEguidance post as one of the certification requirements to become certified by Break Diving, Inc. for a dive completed. Would you also like to find greater success, happiness, and friendship, and make genuine supportive connections with others around the world pursuing your same dreams? Come join us at Break Diving and soon your story will be the next one you read about on this site!Read More Stories on the WYSEguidance Homepage