Learning To Stop Oversleeping And Wasting My Day!
Editor’s Note: On all dive certifications, we try to edit the writing as little as possible to preserve authenticity, personality, and writing style. We typically fix spelling errors, but minimally modify grammar and sentence structure (just enough to ensure readability).
1. When and Why Did You Decide to Pursue This Dive At This Level? What was your inspiration and motivation?
I decided to pursue this a while back, but I broke that habit last July. Lately, its not that much of a habit anymore and there is a laziness I feel when waking up. I need to break my "oversleeping or waking up late" habit so that I build a new habit that can lead me into good time management. Also, wasting time is not a good thing to practice since I am a lady who has a lot to do.
2. How Long Did It Take For You To Accomplish This Dive At This Level From The Day You Decided To Pursue It, And Why Did It Take That Long?
3. What Was The Hardest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
4. What Was The Easiest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
5. What Is Your Advice For Someone Who Is Pursuing This Dive And Level?
6. What Are Some Of The Best Resources You Recommend to Those Pursuing This Dive At This Level, And Why Do You Recommend Them? Please Include Relevant Weblinks, If Applicable.
Resource 1: Harvard business review - Bolder vision, Strong purpose. I can recommend this because its worth reading & can help you formulate ideas on how to improve.
Resource 2: Habit and happiness: habit change and accountability group - You're not just building habits, you're building a lifestyle.
7. Tell Us A Story Of One Of Your Adventures While Pursuing This Dive (At This Level).
I would always say and think, "Oh, it's still early." So I would set my alarm clock for another 15 minutes or 30 minutes more to take a nap. That is my hilarious (and bad) habit.
At night, now I always talk to my mind, "Please wake up early tomorrow, adjust my waking up time to 4:30" but its still the same routine. I am trying to tell my brain what to do. Now I will start to observe if there are changes. Day by day, I will record my waking habits in order to be more productive. Time is a ticking bomb. Being busy the whole day, and then I don't notice the time has passed, and then boom: its dark already.
Each time I wake up late, I realize my future will be hurt if this bad habit continues. What if I have a child? I cannot be like this waking up late all the time with a child. What if I have an early morning job?
So breaking this bad habit is extremely important to me.
8. What Evidence Did You Submit to Prove You Met the Requirements for This Dive and Level?
9. Will You Be Pursuing The Next Level For This Dive? If Yes, Why? If Not, Why Not?
10. What is the Break Diver's Creed?
And having made this post, and provided adequate evidence to the dive committee, Gay Mare Capones is now hereby certified by Break Diving, Inc. as: Break Diver - Habit Breaker - Level 1. Congratulations ! Thank you for being an inspiration to others!
Certificate number: 105
The author above wrote this WYSEguidance post as one of the certification requirements to become certified by Break Diving, Inc. for a dive completed. Would you also like to find greater success, happiness, and friendship, and make genuine supportive connections with others around the world pursuing your same dreams? Come join us at Break Diving and soon your story will be the next one you read about on this site!Read More Stories on the WYSEguidance Homepage