Editor’s Note: On all dive certifications, we try to edit the writing as little as possible to preserve authenticity, personality, and writing style. We typically fix spelling errors, but minimally modify grammar and sentence structure (just enough to ensure readability).
1. When and Why Did You Decide to Pursue This Dive At This Level? What was your inspiration and motivation?
What attracted me most was the prophecy given to me by the Pastor (late Prophet Abraham) who said “THE LORD SAYS HE WILL USE YOU”. I was surprised because I was a Muslim, and even though I loved Christianity, I was not intending to convert then. In many occasions while talking with my friends who were Muslim, they talked bad about Christianity and hated hearing anything about Jesus but whenever this discussion occurred, I always feel a touch in my heart to stand in favour of Christians and they hated me for that. So when the pastor says “THE LORD WILL USE YOU”, in my thoughts, I was always wondering how would it happen. Well, here I am today, living a best life in Christ.
2. How Long Did It Take For You To Accomplish This Dive At This Level From The Day You Decided To Pursue It, And Why Did It Take That Long?
× The courage was not so high.
× I was avoiding rejection from both families and friends.
× Shyness feeling in the midst of my friends and Church.
3. What Was The Hardest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
4. What Was The Easiest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
Reading this particular verse of the Bible ( Luke 9:57-62 ) also helped:
And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, “Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.” And Jesus said unto him, “Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nestsbut the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.” And He said unto another, “Follow me.” But he said, “Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.” Jesus said unto him, “Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.” And another also said, “Lord, I will follow thee, but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.” And Jesus said unto him, “No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.”
That, and also the reading of a book that contains the story of a Hajj who met Jesus at Mecca, is among what makes it easier for me.
5. What Is Your Advice For Someone Who Is Pursuing This Dive And Level?
× He/she most be convinced in the heart that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to God except through him. (John 4:6).
× He/she needs to close the mind and eyes to all kinds of discouragement and negative feelings.
× Always reading the Bible gives more courage to push forward.
× Search for the life history of those who have successfully moved from the same spot you are to the realm of faith in Christ.
× Be prayerful, be spiritually empowered, and become connected to Christ.
Christianity is not a religion but the gathering of believers in Christ. So, you have to understand that it’s all a matter of spirituality (Ephesians 6:12):
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
6. What Are Some Of The Best Resources You Recommend to Those Pursuing This Dive At This Level, And Why Do You Recommend Them? Please Include Relevant Weblinks, If Applicable.
1. Muslims on Hajj Pigrimage to Mecca Finding Salvation in Jesus. https://www.mnnonline.org/news/muslims-on-hajj-pilgrimage-to-mecca-are-finding-salvation-in-jesus
2. Mysterious Bus Driver in Mecca Encourages Pilgrim to Leave Meaningless Rituals of Islam and Know God Personally.https://www.bibles4mideast.com/home-1/2018/5/10/mysterious-bus-driver-in-mecca-encourages-pilgrim-to-leave-meaningless-rituals-of-islam-and-know-god-personally
3. Ali Finds Jesus at Mecca. http://www.reallifestories.org/stories/ali-finds-jesus-at-mecca/
Resource 1: Break Diving - Come discuss your journey with others on Break Diving.
Resource 2: MNN Online News - Muslims on Hajj Pilgrimage Find Salvation in Jesus
Resource 3: Bibles 4 Mideast - Another article about Muslims turning to Christianity
Resource 4: Real Life Stories - Ali Finds Jesus At Mecca.
7. Tell Us A Story Of One Of Your Adventures While Pursuing This Dive (At This Level).
- Accepting Christ as my saviour
- Handling the rejection and hatred from parents and friends
- Overcoming it all by prayer
A little courage does a lot along the road with God by your side.
8. What Evidence Did You Submit to Prove You Met the Requirements for This Dive and Level?
9. Will You Be Pursuing The Next Level For This Dive? If Yes, Why? If Not, Why Not?
10. What is the Break Diver's Creed?
And having made this post, and provided adequate evidence to the dive committee, James Joel is now hereby certified by Break Diving, Inc. as: Break Diver - Child of God - Level 1. Congratulations ! Thank you for being an inspiration to others!
Certificate number: 60
The author above wrote this WYSEguidance post as one of the certification requirements to become certified by Break Diving, Inc. for a dive completed. Would you also like to find greater success, happiness, and friendship, and make genuine supportive connections with others around the world pursuing your same dreams? Come join us at Break Diving and soon your story will be the next one you read about on this site!Read More Stories on the WYSEguidance Homepage