Ileana Argyris – My First Steps Into Front End Development
Dive:Coder - Frontend Description: Is able to code frontend logic and design for computers in multiple languages/frameworks Level: Level 1 Level Requirements: Has certified 2 frontend languages/frameworks at Level 1 Certified On:
Aug 11, 2019
Editor’s Note: On all dive certifications, we try to edit the writing as little as possible to preserve authenticity, personality, and writing style. We typically fix spelling errors, but minimally modify grammar and sentence structure (just enough to ensure readability).
1. When and Why Did You Decide to Pursue This Dive At This Level? What was your inspiration and motivation?
I started dabbling in frontend development to customize my MySpace profile. I then went on to help my cousins with their websites for their classes. In high school and through college, I created websites from scratch and maintained WordPress sites for the clubs I was in.
2. How Long Did It Take For You To Accomplish This Dive At This Level From The Day You Decided To Pursue It, And Why Did It Take That Long?
I took my first steps into coding about 15 years ago. Why did it take me this long to get to where I am now? I simply didn’t focus on it. The seed that had been planted in my young, impressionable brain was to focus on becoming an engineer. So, I focused on becoming an engineer while doing web development on the side. During that time, I did not focus on improving my skills. I focused more on just getting the tasks done.
It was only last year (2018) that I decided to take front end development seriously. I received a scholarship from Google to pursue the Frontend Web Development Nanodegree with Udacity and started leveling up my skills. I am proud to have received the degree (see below).
3. What Was The Hardest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
4. What Was The Easiest Part About Achieving This Particular Dive Level?
The easiest part? Google and Stack Overflow become your best friends! If you run into a problem, 95% of the time someone has also had the same problem and posted the solution on Stack Overflow, saving you the time and the headache.
5. What Is Your Advice For Someone Who Is Pursuing This Dive And Level?
There is a lot to learn, but don’t give up! All coders have been at the same place as you. Having a supportive community where you can ask questions, show your projects, and get feedback makes a world of difference. A supportive community helps you when you are at your lows and when you’re stuck and gives you other perspectives on problems and topics that you might not have considered. Hint: Join BreakDiving.io
6. What Are Some Of The Best Resources You Recommend to Those Pursuing This Dive At This Level, And Why Do You Recommend Them? Please Include Relevant Weblinks, If Applicable.
Learning to Code?
Resource 1: Break - There are many coders on this site who want to help you.
Resource 2: W3Schools - You can take a lot of classes for front end development here.
Resource 3: Scrimba - Pursue the front end developer path.
Resource 4: -
Resource 5: -
7. Tell Us A Story Of One Of Your Adventures While Pursuing This Dive (At This Level).
8. What Evidence Did You Submit to Prove You Met the Requirements for This Dive and Level?
9. Will You Be Pursuing The Next Level For This Dive? If Yes, Why? If Not, Why Not?
I am making a career out of frontend development! I will continue learning and applying what I have learned while also helping others who are beginning their journey into frontend development.
10. What is the Break Diver's Creed?
No Rules. No Excuses. No Regrets.
And having made this post, and provided adequate evidence to the dive committee, Ileana Argyris is now hereby certified by Break Diving, Inc. as: Coder - Frontend - Level 1. Congratulations ! Thank you for being an inspiration to others!
The author above wrote this WYSEguidance post as one of the certification requirements to become certified by Break Diving, Inc. for a dive completed. Would you also like to find greater success, happiness, and friendship, and make genuine supportive connections with others around the world pursuing your same dreams? Come join us at Break Diving and soon your story will be the next one you read about on this site!